Friday, July 27, 2012

Double Life

I am almost finished living a double life.  It hasn't been a secret double life, but it has been a double life in so many ways.  I am kind of a resident of two states.  I have two homes.  I do continue to keep my same husband in both lives, though, so I think that is good;-) 

One week from tomorrow, I will have my apartment packed up and ready to head back to my little house on the meadow and my other three kids.  This will be move #18 for me, I believe. 

I have such mixed emotions about the whole thing.  No mistake about it, I have missed being near my older kids!!  I have missed my little house on the meadow.  I have missed my dog:-)  (Bethany, don't argue!)  I have missed our extended families and some dear friends.  It will be wonderful to be back. 

But....I still consider upstate NY home.  I can't help it.  It is the place where I have spent the majority of my adult life.  I have the most memories with my kids here. I have wonderful friends and a great church.  I like the pace of life in Rochester and I love the people here.  Davin's school here is AMAZING! 

I live two lives, but not for long now. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still consider it home too and I haven't lived there in what, 9 years?! I can't wait to have you guys back. I'll let the rocky comment slide this time :-) -Bennie

Melanie L said...

I know what you mean about home - Shamong is still home to me, even though I haven't lived there in a long time, and in the grand scheme of life, I wasn't there very long. Home is a feeling more than a place, to me at least.

Martha said...

We will miss you here in Rochester when you go back to Jersey, but we are ever so grateful you decided to spend the last year and a half here with us. We love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are back!! Just wanted to let you know, I've been reading all of your blogs! I have a lot of catching up to do ; ) hope to go to Hobby Lobby with you soon! =)
Love, Lexi