Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Scuff Marks

For the last two days, I have had to clean scuff marks off of my kitchen floor.  Instead of those scuff marks making me annoyed, they made me smile.  Those marks reminded me that my bigger boy is home now.  Sure, he brings with him some mess that we didn't have before he got here, but I will take it because he is here.  Those marks on the floor also reminded me God's provision for Cheney for the summer.  Due to Cheney's sweet friend, (who happens to be my sweet friend's son:-), Cheney came home from college on Friday and began a FULL TIME job on MONDAY!!!  In order to start the job, he had to get work boots and that is how I got the scuffs on my floor. 

Will those scuff marks still be bringing a smile to my face in the middle of July?  Perhaps not, but I hope they still remind me of God's blessings. 

3 comments:

Martha said...

If you need some help in remembering come July, possibly your sweet son's sweet friend's mother could remind you. :)

Heather said...

Yes, please. That is a very good idea!

Bethany said...

Hooray for sweet friends!