Friday, June 03, 2011

My Struggle

I have been mulling this over for a while now, but lately, I feel it's grip has a much stronger hold on me than before and it is time to make a change. 

I have a lot of "free" time.  For the first time in a very long time, my days are not planned out for me by children or ministries or a job.  I can choose what I want to do.  Since finding all of this free time, the computer has kept me connecting with friends and family and I am grateful for that.  However, it has become a huge time-waster for me.  Instead of taking out a project or reading a book, I grab the computer to just check my blog or facebook or email one more time.  I am spending more and more time on it and I have not too much to show for it.  I do not want to give it up altogether (although am considering that, too), but I need to make a change. 

A friend offered to do an intervention for me:-), but I am thinking more along the lines of limiting my daily time on the computer.  I am also thinking about going off of facebook for a while, at least.  There are so many good and worthwhile things to do with my time.  Certainly one of them is to stay connected with my family and friends, but when it starts to overwhelm me, it is time for a change. 

5 comments:

junglemama said...

Hi Heather. We share the same struggle my friend. I try to limit my computer time, but I always justify my need to quickly check it. It is an hour by hour struggle.

Kelli said...

dont delete facebook, just take a break, like a summer vacation

Martha said...

I am hoping to find myself a little less "glued" to the computer in a few short weeks. My time will be less filled with small children who keep me way too close to the computer and not very active outside my home. I think you and I shall possibly do a bit of walking or maybe we shall work on those scrapbooks you mentioned just before you moved here. We're running out of time!

joeks said...

Totally understand the struggle.

There are SO many projects I want/need to spend time on. So why do I always have time for blogs/FB, but not the projects?

I try for "moderation in all things," but it's still a struggle.

Bethany said...

Gross. I concur.