Saturday, June 11, 2011

Quite a Difference

I find it so interesting that in order for me to welcome an adopted child into my home, I am asked if I have screens in all of my windows, what my childhood was like and how I dealt with my grandmothers passing away.  To welcome a biological child into my home, I only needed to produce a satisfactory car seat.  To raise a child that has a severe disability, I was simply sent on my way with a list of tests to further overwhelm me. 

Of course, I will do it, because it is so worth it, but what a difference. 

5 comments:

Sherri said...

What is even more interesting is doing that when you have had said child in your home for almost a year. And you have already done it two other times. But we'd do it as many times as we had to for Zade :).

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martha said...

I can't imagine going through the process, but I don't know a better mom and dad in all the world than you and Alan.

Heather said...

Martha, you are sweet and that is why I love you and keep you:-)

Sherri, I know it is all worth it in the end. Your boys remind me of that big time!!

Debbie said...

SO true!
I admire those who foster or adopt....wish I could do such a thing....all kids deserve a loving, safe home!!!!!