Monday, September 12, 2011

A Milestone Met and One Around the Corner

I have been out of blog land:-(  Do you remember when I wrote about struggling with finding a balance with computer time?  Well, my heavenly Father who loves me and knows what is best for me, took care of that.  My laptop broke quite a few weeks ago and although I have access to a desktop, I am leaving it on the floor, so that when I use it I do not get too comfortable:-)  I have missed checking in here, though. 

As of the beginning of September, I have hit my 6 month mark into my new healthy lifestyle!!!  I have been working out 5 days a week consistently for 6 months!!!  For a girl who rarely ever finishes projects, this is a big deal.  I feel so good about it and am hopeful that I have made it such a part of my life that it will stay.  It has been such a blessing to be on this journey with my best friend Alan.  Some mornings we don't even say a word until we are all done, but we are doing it together and I love that.  We have both decided that our very favorite time of the day is 7 am.  That means that we have 23 whole hours to go until we have to start the workout again;-) 

We are about a month away from having a home study complete!!!!  This realization comes complete with both excitement and terror.  Well, maybe not terror, but it is hard to believe in so many ways.  The last things on our list are to get a few safety items for our house and then to get the beds!!!  That's right, the beds for.....the children!!!  Wow!!!  I continue to be in awe of a God who can give such peace as He guides us through this process.  Every time I hear a word that speaks fear into my heart, God takes it and lets me know that He is in control of this.  He already knows what our lives will look like in a year, in ten years, and we don't have to worry. 

4 comments:

Martha said...

I feel like I'm out of the loop. We need to catch up again one day.

Heather said...

Yes we do, Martha. I was thinking that same thing this week. I miss you!

Bethany said...

Beds for your kids... Getting beds does make having kids real, doesn't it? Having a baby became so much more real after we set up the crib.

Natasha Jones said...

Wow, wow, and wow! You go, girl!!!
I wish I could say the same, the last two things you wrote about. But no, I haven't ran in about two years now, and I've got cold feet as far as adoption goes - really need God's input on round number two. If it's His will, it'll happen. I know He'll talk to me some day. :)